Be a Minuteman Mentor
Volunteering as a Minuteman Mentor does not require a large time commitment; you can set your own schedule and determine how many mentees you are willing to assist. Talk candidly about the work you are doing and how you got started—your insights are invaluable to someone entering your profession!
Help students and alumni with:
- Exploring career options
- Changing careers or relocating to a new area
- Finding professional organizations to join
- Learning about the job market in your area
- Discovering the skills required for work in your field
Signing up to be a mentor is easy:
- Login to Experience.com with your MaroonCentral username and password. (If you haven't already registered on MaroonCentral, just call 800.456.UMASS or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your alumni ID number.)
- Create a profile on Experience.com
- Review our Minuteman Mentors Guidelines
- Wait to hear from students and alumni! It is their responsibility to make the initial contact.
Minuteman Mentors is not a job referral network and mentors should not be expected to provide internships or job openings. Contact our Career Connections program with questions at 800-456-UMASS or email@example.com.